tripletauto
tripletauto, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ase certifed master tech gm certifed 20 years experience
15993919

I charged my cell phone with the key on and engine off. The

I charged my cell phone with the key on and engine off. The battery ran down and the car would not start. Jumper the car to start from that point on it would not go over 35 mph. I drove the car for about 3 to 4 miles to a service station. The car idled very ruff so we looked for a loose vacum hose, did not find one and did not hear vacum leak . They could not find the problem but could not access the computer. When I went to start the car it was dead again. What could have happened?
This is a 2007 Saab 93 2.0T***** with 77000 miles.
Gary
Category: Car
Expert:  Michelle-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Expert:  tripletauto replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** i will be happy to assist you with your saab issue.
sounds like you need to unhook the battery and charge it seperate hook cables back up and see how it runs. these alternators are computer controlled and leaving key on like that can and will drain the battery. this can cause a cahrging code to set and disable the alternator. so the first step would be to charge battery and unhooking it should put any codes in history and reset system. This is where we need to start and go from there. as far as the computer not being able to access it if the power port fuse blew then that also powers the data link connector. would the scanner not power up? or just not access?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
computer could not be accessed because the service station had no software for saab.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my car is at the dealership and i cannot charge the battery in anyway.
sorry i could not get to you sooner this is where need to start. sounds like the computer has shut the alternator down.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tommy,
I took your suggestion and when to the dealership and since it was outside I took the battery out and my neighbor had a battery charger so we charged it I when down and re-installed it and Vioala it worked. Thank you so very much this most likely save me a $150 or so.
Gary
great glad you got it fixed!!!
tripletauto, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ase certifed master tech gm certifed 20 years experience