Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

Seville STS: I have a 1998 Cadillac Seville STS. The left

I have a 1998 Cadillac Seville STS. The left front sunroof drain is split. The plastic tube is so brittle, I couldn't splice in a fix. I got a replacement tube, but I need to figure out how the existing one is routed. It dives down toward the rubber exit nipple inside the wheel well. I took off the inside fender trim, no dice. I took the wipers off and peeked into the vent space, no luck. I can't see the tube looking under the dash toward the firewall.

How is the tube replaced? I'm about ready to cap the sunroof nipple, caulk around the sunroof and pull power off the motor. I've had the sunroof open maybe three times...

Do I have to remove the dash pad? (I don't need instructions for that, I've done it before)

You have to remove the windshield garnish trim panel, the instrument panel(dash) and the kick panel underneath the dash on the side you are accessing. Your other choice would be to try to snake a tube that its outside diameter is slightly smaller than the inside diameter or the existing tube, but even that would be an iffy proposition with the existing one as brittle as you describe it

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

By instrument panel, do you mean the just the section including the speedo, etc.?

Is the windshield garnish trim inside, outboard of the dash pad?

sorry for confusion - the dash pad.

The windshield garnish trim is inside the vehicle, running from dash to headliner