gtnby2, Mechanic
Experience:  A.A.S in Industrial service technology

eclipse: when I go to open my trunk on 07 Mitsubishi Eclipse

Customer Question

when I go to open my trunk on 07 Mitsubishi Eclipse it will only open with the key remote button. when i try to open it using the botton on the trunk itself it does nothing. Is there a fuse or something i need to do to get it working agian? It worked then i had to replace the battery after i got it put in it stoped working. Thank you.
Category: Car
Expert:  gtnby2 replied 4 years ago.
Please only rate answers AFTER finishing our session. Your problem may take a few conversations to pin point, and we can talk until you are satisfied.

If the trunk will open with the key fob, more than likely the switch is defective or has a bad connection.
use a test light to verify the switch has power to it and through it when the button is pushed.
Post back after testing...
Thank you,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
,Its fixed for some reason the passanger door lock was not unlocking all the way once i fixed that the trunk worked thank you
Expert:  gtnby2 replied 4 years ago.

Ok, Thank you for the update! No rating is necessary unless you want to pay me for my time.

Thanks for using JustAnswer!

Have a great day.