Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

how to program remote transmitter for 2003 aerio?

2003 Aerio

1. Remove key from ignition switch.

2. Close all doors.

3. Open drivers door

4. Insert key and turn to ON position and within 10 seconds turn
key off
and remove key.

5. Within 20 seconds Close and open drivers door 3 times.

6. Insert key and turn to ON position and within 10 seconds turn
key off
and remove key.

7. Locks should now lock and unlock automatically to confirm you
have entered programming mode.

8. Press the UNLOCK button on remote and locks should cycle to
confirm programming.

9. Repeat step 8 on each additional remote.

10. Exit vehicle with keys and remote, close door test remote(s).

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please be sure to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE to complete transaction or ask for more help by clicking REPLY TO EXPERT.

Positive feedback is always appreciated. Bonuses are welcome. Please note that if you have a subscription service you still need to to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE , however you are not charged again. Thank you.

Please note the 1 to 2 faces(POOR AND BAD SERVICE) are a negative rating. Before choosing one of these, please reply first so that I can further help you

2003 Aerio

1. Remove key from ignition switch.

2. Close all doors.

3. Open drivers door

key off
and remove key.

key off
and remove key.

have entered programming mode.

confirm programming.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

this did NOT work

I tried #5 with door closed to finish

and door open to finish NOTHING happened

by ON position I assume you mean accessory and not car started with motor running

On position is the RUN position, which is the last position before cranking.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK so in step 5 do I finish with door closed? or OPEN?

in step 7 do locks automatically open and close or do I have to do anything there?

HI,

In step 5 - open, close, open, close, open, close door

In step 7 - locks should automatically lock and unlock on their own to confirm you are in programming mode
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Still NOTHING. any other suggestions?

the replacement FOB is from Calsonic Kansei

model TS005

IC 21118-TS005

Those are the Suzuki factory directions for your 2003 Aerio, which means that either the new FOB is defective out of the box, or there is a fault within the receiver control module.

I would suspect the new FOB is defective, but the only way to know is to have the receiver control module scanned for fault codes with factory level scan tool

Wish I could tell you of a workaround on this, but there is no other method.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK So I am I obliged to pay for your answers even though I didn't get a fix

I provided the correct answer which was the factory programming directions. I cannot help if either the FOB is defective or there is a fault in your receiver system.

This site works off the honor system and individual's integrity. It is solely up to you as to whether you click OK or higher service to pay for services rendered.

If you choose not to, that is up to you, but if this is your choice, I would rather you simply request a refund than to click on 1 or 2(bad or poor service) as that would be untrue as I did provide FACTORY directions and the fact that either your FOB is defective or there is a fault in your system is beyond my control.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks for your clear instructions.