Lurch
Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Ford, Chev Cert, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics.Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years.

neon: how serious is a bent engine valve

how serious is a bent engine valve
Category: Car
Expert:  Lurch replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for using J/A / Pearl
My answer is below.

Please understand, the site makes me post the following:

"Please only rate my answer if you are satisfied with the service I have provided.
If you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have, because this will result in a negative mark on my feedback record.
I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.
Instead, please simply reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT link with the issue you have.
I am happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek."
My answer may not be to your liking, but is a correct & honest answer.
Many times the only fix will be by Dealer or Shop, so please do not hold that against me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

how serious is a bent engine valve

this will depend on how much damage was done (if any) Internally
Many times the bent valve will bust a hole thru the piston, score the cylinder wall, cause damage to the head or otherr valve, etc.
Removal of the Head is needed to inspect, but sometimes you can purchase a complete low mileage engine for less than repair of the bent valve Inspection & Repair problem

If you need further, please ask "before" you Rate my Answer...............

Understand the site gets paid.....I do not recieve anything, until you "Rate my Answer"

Please Rate my answer "now" for me to recieve some compensation, as that is how a recieve a small portion of the Deposit................thank you

Experience: Ford, Chev Cert, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics.Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years.