Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.

I have a 95 eagle talon,2l fwd, I have 0 fuel to the rail,after

I have a 95 eagle talon,2l fwd, I have 0 fuel to the rail,after changing the fuel pump i found the pump wasnt getting power, I then changed the fuel pump relay and the pump turned on for a couple of seconds then power stopped again?? what could cause the relays to burn out like that?

if the relay is burning out then its likely that the ground wire to / on the pump has a poor connection or is shorting out somewhere along its length- both of these scenarios lead to the pump pulling excessive current and so burning out the relay contact

also double check that the relay sockets / connections aren't burnt or damaged.

the other possibility is the the power side of the circuit is fine and its the switching side that is faulty, as the pump should only run for a few seconds when you 1st turn on the ignition and then stop until the engine runs

if its not switching on with a running engine then its possible a fault with the ECU or the ECU hasn't got any power or its not seeing a signal from the crank speed sensor