Jon Pell
Jon Pell, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certifications, Many years in the field, and graduated from Wyotech with degree in Auto, diesel

There are periods of 9-10 days I dont use my car. In that

There are periods of 9-10 days I don't use my car. In that time, I will lose about an 1/8th to 3/16ths of a tank of gas. There are no leaks, no wet spots anywhere. It is evaporating. This NYC summer has been hot. Is there an evaporative system that has gone bad?
Hi my name isXXXXX is a fairly common problem when your gas cap doesnt seal as well as it should, If you have verified there are no leaks then I recommend to buy a new gas cap and keep an eye on it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What about the answer to the last question in my post?

The evap system is not likely, If there was an issue with evap it would throw a check engine light and most likely run rough