proautotech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  College Training. Current Lead Tech

3500: I have a 2006 3500, crew cab dual ly that is having trouble

I have a 2006 3500, crew cab dual ly that is having trouble starting in cool temperatures, under 50, I am unsure exactly where to start
Category: Car
Expert:  proautotech replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for trusting us with your problem. I have trained in the automotive field and currently work as a lead technician. I will be helping you today

You are going to need to test and verify the glow plugs are in good working order.

It sounds to me like you have 1 or more bad glow plugs which is common to not only cause this condition but to not produce any codes as well.

To test take the rail off of them and get a test light, hook it to the pos side of the battery and touch the tip of each glowplug. if it lights up the glowplug is bad. If they all show good than you have a bad glow plug controller.