proautotech
proautotech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  College Training. Current Lead Tech
67965572

Hi i have a Fiat Panda with a steering problem . My Bosch kts

Customer Question

Hi i have a Fiat Panda with a steering problem . My Bosch kts obd diacnostics showed that the steering moter was faulty .I replaced it . Now when i switch the ignitin on the steering wheel spins to one side until fully loced . When i use my diacnostic tool it shows the steering angle sensor is faulty. Is there a way to chec if this is correct or is it just a calibration fault how can i correct it.
Category: Car
Expert:  proautotech replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for trusting us with your problem. I have trained in the automotive field and currently work as a lead technician. I will be helping you today

With the wheel straight it should show a reading on the handheld scanner for angle sensor of 0 and left 600 right -600 if the reading is always 0 the sensor is bad for sure.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The scanner is showing no sensor is present . Is it possibel that the steering moter and sensor can be faulty at the same time.

If it is not showing a sensor you will want to throw in a new one.

Yes it is possible for them both to be bad at the same time.

Can you please tell me what info I did not give you.

You sent me a negative rating which indicates to the site you are very unsatisfied with the assistance I have provided.