Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician

Im looking for an opinion on best gas mileage used truck or

Im looking for an opinion on best gas mileage used truck or van. I am looking to buy a used van or truck to transport my 300 lbs of floor buffing equipment. I do ALOT of highway traveling 700 miles per week. I currently get 15 miles per gallon in my gmc 1500 pickup.

Is it possible to get 30 mpg on the highway with a smaller pickup like a ranger or a astrovan? Also in your opinion which make and model would get the best mileage?
With that much equipment you will be lucky to get 24 to 26 the most and that would be a Nissan pick up or a Honda or Nissan SUV have you looked into either ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i actually just went on and theyre saying you can even get 24 miles per gallon with an empty toyata truck

My brother in law has a 2005 Toyota Tacoma bed filled with bricks and tows a trailer he's a contractor and he gets 23mpgs which is fantastic . I would look into this vehicle .Hoped this helped.Bonuses greatly appreciated.Please rate excellent service.If you rate anything lower it will leave me negative feedback so if you need further assistance please let me know thanks.