Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Automotive Engineer
Experience:  30 years experience, Repairing, building, & designing, automobiles.

is aviation form-a -gasket liquid sealant suitable to use instead

is aviation form-a -gasket liquid sealant suitable to use instead of ATVautomotive silicon, to put on the thermostat housing and engine block ,to maintain seal during a repair
Category: Car
Expert:  Dr. Hamman replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Hamman :

Hi, I am a professional certified mechanic, with an engineering background, and 35+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. Also keep in mind I don't know if you are a pro or a novice so we may have to fine tune the answer. Feel free to add any additional info you feel is needed as we go on. Always keep in mind that I am here to help you with any questions.

Aviation form-a -gasket Is one of the best gasket sealer on the market. Silicone has only one advantage, and that is it can be used to replace some gaskets. But as far as using the aviation form-a -gasket, it is all I have used for years, and it works very well. If you have any more questions, as always, I am here to help. Good luck with it, have a great day, and Thanks for using Just Answer.

I do not get paid for my work unless I am given 3 - 5 stars/smile faces. If the answer is not clear, let me know what additional help you need, and I will assist you further. A bonus and positive feedback are always appreciated, good luck and Thanks.

Customer:

will this be able to be removed when necessary,please..it is a temporary seal...

Customer:

need to know if this sealant is ok, it is a plastic housing and needs to be removed again

Dr. Hamman, Automotive Engineer
Experience: 30 years experience, Repairing, building, & designing, automobiles.