ASE Master Tech 35yrs
ASE Master Tech 35yrs, ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Certified since 1972,Master Auto tech,Heavy Truck Tech, foriegn and domestic
10832065

I have a EVO 8 with the clutch slipping at low RPM but grabing at 6000RPM. What is causin

I have a EVO 8 with the clutch slipping at low RPM but grabing at 6000RPM.
What is causing the clutch to slip?

ASE Master Tech 35yrs :

Glad to be of help. The most likely cause is the clutch disc is worn out, however, slipping can be caused by insufficient pressure plate pressure, rear main or front trans seal leaking oil onto the clutch or incorrect throw out bearing or incorrect adjustment. If it was working previously I would recomend replacing clutch assembly and checking for leaks while it's out.

ASE Master Tech 35yrs :

I'm switching to Q&A format to be notified of your response.

If the clutch pedal feels fine, it's not a hydrualic problem. A good clutch pedal has to do with clutch disengagement. A slipping clutch has to do with worn out or broken mechanical problems or oil leaking into bellhousing dripping onto clutch. Replace your clutch assembly & resurface flywheel. Check for leaks.
Thank you for your accept and positive feedback. Thank you for using just answer.