Chris, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  43 years of automotive repair, Smog license

Land Rover LR3 SE: I have a 2005 Land Rover LR3 V8. When the

I have a 2005 Land Rover LR3 V8. When the battery was drained accidentally, I recharged it using a portable charger at 10 Amps for 6 to 8 hours. Now the car is acting like I have a dead battery! None of the lights work inside or out. The car does not crank. The radio won't turn on, etc. The the ignition won't turn on! The car is completely dead electrically! I tried to see if any of the fusible links or fuses were out. They all seem fine. I have not checked the open voltage at the battery itself but I will do that next. I assume the voltage must read around 12.6 Volts after charging it fully. Any ideas from experts?

Hello and welcome to just answer. Yes the battery voltage needs to be at least 12.6 volts, and should remain close to that when a load is applied like turning on the lights. I am thinking that you may have an open cell in the battery itself, and no matter how much you charge it the battery will not work. What I recommend doing is to pull the battery and have it tested at your local auto parts store using an electronic battery tester. Most auto parts sores will do this for free. Replace the battery if it fails the test. Sometimes batteries will fail completely if a cell goes open, and I think this is what has happened to yours.

I hope this information helps, and let me know if you need further assistance with this.