nabilc
nabilc,
Experience:  Manager/co-owner at Autotronic
30385560

Have a problem with a Suzuki Vitara starter motor cranks the

Customer Question

Have a problem with a Suzuki Vitara starter motor cranks the engine very slowly
Category: Car
Expert:  nabilc replied 4 years ago.

Billy :

Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.

Billy :

Have you checked your battery, battery connections and starter connections (all contacts should be clean and tight)?

JACUSTOMER-t7fa9gzq- :
Expert:  nabilc replied 4 years ago.
Hello Herman,

It seems you were having problems viewing the conversation in chat mode, so i switched us here. My apologies for the inconvenience. I will repost my questions:

Regards,

Billy

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes I have
Expert:  nabilc replied 4 years ago.
Hello Herman,

IF the battery is good, cables and contacts to battery and starter also good, then next i would suspect the starter.
In your case worn starter brushes would cause exactly the symptoms you described (slow turn, and clicking sometimes before rotating).

In which case the starter will require removing, and disassembling to replace the brushes and assemble and refit.

Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more info..if not, Thank you in advance for the positive rating...
http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/
And do not forget to check out the other categories (health, law, taxes, vet, etc...)

Regards,
Billy
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  nabilc replied 4 years ago.
Hello Herman,

What more info do you need on this? (i will be more than glad to provide...)

Regards,
Billy