caughlins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Advanced engine diagnosis master technician. Factory Trained on Bentley, Lamborghini, Lotus and Jaguar

Bentley Continental GT: hi i have a 2005 bentley continental

hi i have a 2005 bentley continental i disconnected the battery and put it back on and reprogrammed the windows but my rear turn signals are not working but the front ones are

Hi, I’m Chris. Welcome and thanks for asking your question!

I assume you did not have this concern prior?

Is the indicator in the instrument cluster, and are the front signals flashing fast?

Do all 4 corner emergency flashers work?

Do the rear brake lights work?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes the indicator comes on in the dash . None of the turn signals work except the ones on the mirror so my front and rear are both out I have already checked the fuse under the dash and in the trunk on the driver side

The rear brake lights work
Emergency flashers don't work
And the reverse lights work
And the headlights work

I am sorry I assumed this was a Lincoln Continental. Since it is in the Lincoln category. However they stopped making a Lincoln Continental in 2002. I need to opt out and move your post to the correct category.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok thank u
The turn signal signal goes out on the CAN network to the door modules, front body and rear body module. As the instrument cluster and door mirrors are working we know the signal is good. As the headlamps and brake lights are good I know the modules are good. At this point I am suspecting a glitch and both batteries need to be disconnected and let the car sit for five minutes before reconnecting. Why was the battery disconnected? Was the battery flat? Also when arming and disarming the alarm do the turn signal lights flash? Let me know. -Colin-
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
When arming n disarming they do not work but the mirror one do . I have a amp n sub n my car and I was changing the amp so I took the battery off
Disconnect the battery and let it sit disconnected for five minutes. Then reconnect the battery and see what happens. After that we would need to check the fault codes in the front body and rear body control module. -Colin-
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

there still not working the message on the message says check turn signals

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is there any thing else I can do ?
There is a tool you can purchase to read the faults or you can take it to the dealer and have them read and clear the faults. -Colin-
caughlins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Advanced engine diagnosis master technician. Factory Trained on Bentley, Lamborghini, Lotus and Jaguar
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok i turn it to the dealor they charged me 600 to fine out the rear turn signal modules are bad and they want to charge me another 3200 for parts and labor is there any thing else i can do and is this a plug and play part or do i need them to install it

It is a plug and play part if it is the tail lamps. The rear body control module sends the signal to the rear tail lamps. On the tail lamps are modules that activate the LEDs, these are not available separate. Let me know if I can be of more assistance. -Colin-
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So if that's the case can I take it apart n put new LEDs in
It is more than likely the module on the lamps that has failed and not the LEDs. The module only comes with the tail lamps. -Colin-