CarDoc
CarDoc, Independent European Shop owner
Experience:  20 years of experience working with European cars. Independent European shop owner and technician.
14582033

Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged: I am currently driving

I am currently driving a 2009 Ranger Rover Sport. While driving, my suspension light, dynamic stability control light, and brake light simultaneously appeared. I called the dealership and have an appointment on Friday. I just picked up my vehicle 2 days ago. I had my brake system flushed, air filter replaced, 4 wheel alignment with rotation and balance, and fuel injection cleaned. Can any of these repairs affect this current issue? Additionally, I noticed that my dynamic stability control fluid is low. Can this cause the problem. Thanks!

CarDoc :

Hello, I'm Jason. I will do my best to answer your question quickly and accurately using the information you have provided.

CarDoc :

It's possible that the brake fluid flush was not done properly, which could certainly cause all of those lights to appear

CarDoc :

Obviously, a scan of the system will be necessary to confirm this suspicion, but I would expect to see a fault related to system precharging pressure

Customer:

So I should ask them to check the precharging pressure?

Customer:

If in fact it is related to the improper brake fluid flush, can this be easily fixed?

CarDoc :

well, not necessarily, as they're going to perform a computer scan of the ABS/DSC system, which will indicate the problem, and it could be as simple as a proper brake bleed. When you had the brake fluid flushed, was this done at a Rover dealer, or general shop?

Customer:

Range rover dealership

CarDoc :

ah, thank you. XXXXX would assume that they did that job properly the first time

Customer:

Okay, then lets assume it was performed properly. Can the dynamic stability fluid being low cause these problems?

CarDoc :

and at this point, I wouldn't expect an improper fluid flush. So, there's a likelihood that this is just a coincidence, and you have another simple issue, like a wheel speed sensor

CarDoc :

but again, without knowing the results of a computer system scan, I can only speculate based on my own experience

Customer:

They did say they will check the wheel speed sensor. In your opinion, is the vehicle safe to drive to dealership 1.5 hours away?

CarDoc :

oh, most likely, yes. If the problem is sensor-related, the anti-lock and skid control system will not function, but the normal hydraulic function of your brakes will continue to work fine

Customer:

okay. thank you for your assistance.

CarDoc :

very glad to help

Customer:

have a good one

CarDoc :

thank you, XXXXX XXXXX don't forget to rate this session before signing off, so that I can get credit for this session. Thanks!