GearheadBrown
GearheadBrown, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  10 Years various auto repair and diagnosis. Nissan Specialist technician. ASE Master certified.
70092223

Toyota T100: How do you replace the exterior door handle on

How do you replace the exterior door handle on a 95 Toyota T100?

Hello I would like to help you with this

First you're going to need to remove the inside door panel.

Once is panelist removed look and see if you can access the three bolts that hold the handle to the door shown here

graphic

Disconnect any linkage that goes to the handle and the key cylinder. Once this is disconnected and the bolts are removed you can remove the handle.

Reinstall the new handle the reverse order

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please remember to rate my answer "Great Service" This is the only way I will get compensated for my time helping you.

IF you feel the need to click either "Helped a little" or "I expected more", please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

If you are having trouble with the site or rating system please let me know as this is a new feature and some Customers have had some trouble with it.

Thank you,

Carl,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How is the inside panel removed? If I can get the inside panel off, I'm good. Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer. I've waited almost two days for an answer to a follow-up question. I am trying to remove the driver side exterior door handle on a 1995 Toyota T100 truck. I know I need to remove the inside door panel. How do I remove the inside door panel?
Hello, I am going to do my best to assist you on this.

I cannot find any repair information for this door panel, however I can walk you through the process of figuring out what needs to be done to remove it.

First, you want to look around the outside edges of the panel for any exposed screws. If you find any, remove them.

Next, gently remove any trim that is not a fixed part of the door. Sometimes there will be screws under the window/lock switches, or under an insert on the "grab" section of the door panel.

After removing all of the screws that you find, gently pull on the panel. I normally start at the bottom-rear section and work my way around. Most door panels are held in place by plastic push pins that will pop out with a little tugging. Some of these may break in old age, but most of the time enough will stay together that you can still reattach the panel when finished.

I'm sorry I cannot find any detailed service procedures for your vehicle, but most interior door panels are attached very similarly. First look for screws, gently pry anything that is not permanently attached and look for hidden screws, then pull the panel away from the door, working your way around until it is completely free.

If you have any more hang ups, feel free to let me know. I will be checking back frequently.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Many thanks Gearhead for your help and time spent. I'll do as you suggest. How is the window crank removed? I will attempt to do the repair Saturday. I will let you know of any hang ups.
No problem, I looked at a few photos of the window crank, and it is held on by a metal clip.

Position the crank so that the knob is pointing down, then you will need a pick with a right angle tip. The metal clip is a C sort of shape, with the closed end facing up if the knob is down. Use the pick to hook the clip, and pull it up and off of the crank. Now the crank should slide right off.
If that works, don't forget to come back and rate your experience!

Thanks again!
GearheadBrown, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 10 Years various auto repair and diagnosis. Nissan Specialist technician. ASE Master certified.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Everything went pretty much as planned. I was able to get the C ring off to get the window crank off, but lost the C ring in the weeds. The hardest part was getting the larger linkage off. I had to pull the handle through the exterior and wrestle it off. Now I am just waiting on my new handle and C ring to come in.

Thanks again Gearhead!
No problem, glad I was able to help!