George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ yrs, AAS Automotive Technology, Factory trained Asian specialist

06 3.3 Ihave a lot of air coming from the hose from the radiator

06 3.3 Ihave a lot of air coming from the hose from the radiator side of engine to the aior intake it is like a air compressor. Also when turninmg the engine over to start it sounds like it has no comperession. could you teal me whats wrong . Also it dont wont to run.

Hello I will help you with your question,

It sounds like the timing chain has slipped and the valves are bent.

You will need to pull the valve cover to check on the chain and run a compression check if you find the chains in place.

Let me know how much of the work you can do yourself, to pull the timing cover is an all day job at a shop.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my service not the content as you may not like the answer but it is the truth. Only rate when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to click the lower two ratings they are negative feedback that sticks on my record so please STOP and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek to secure a positive rating.

Please let me know if the rating box is missing or you are unable to rate for any reason

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how do uoy pull the engine through the top.

Hello again,

I don't think there is a way to remove the engine from the top without removing the transmission from the bottom first. This was designed to come out the bottom with a powertrain lift. You could place the engine/subframe on stands and raise the vehicle up off it with a 2 post hoist but then you would need a 2 post hoist.

The procedure to remove it is below, sorry but this is the only way I have ever done this

Click here for procedure

Please let me know how I can help you with this

Thank you