Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

Suzuki Forenza: My wifes car makes a loud rumbling noise once

My wife's car makes a loud rumbling noise once the speed is over 10 mph, I tried driving backwards in a parking lot and the noice is barely noticeable. The sound is similar to when you drice on the shoulder of a highway that they make bumpy.
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 2 years ago.
Ok has the front wheel bearings and axle and differential been checked ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  mechanicaltone replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for choosing Just Answer and allowing me to help you resolve your questions! It sounds like you have a noisy wheel bearing that will need to be replaced. You will need to check which wheel is noisy.
Expert:  Tom replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay yes I'm am still here I lost my Internet connection .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what's the best way to check?
Expert:  Tom replied 2 years ago.
Ok what needs to be done is the vehicle needs to be up on a lift . Then there should be a technician driving the vehicle and one under the vehicle with a set of chassis ears to each wheel bearing g as well as the differential. The chassis ears are like a doctors stethoscope and will pinpoint the exact problem. This is the proper way to diagnosis and repair this issue . Could also be internal in the transmission . This is the next step . Hoped this helped . Bonuses greatly appreciated. Please click excellent service so I get credit for my help thanks . Anything lower is negative feedback . If you need further assistance please let me know thanks !
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I know you can't know without seeing, but could you give just an idea of what costs would be like bearings, differential ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Would a place like firestone be able to fix?
Expert:  Tom replied 2 years ago.
Yes Firestone can to this but to be honest bring it to a good independant shop they will be better equipped a d more knowledgeable to handle this . It can range from 250 if it's front wheel bearings to 1500 if the differential is bad all they way up to 2000 if it's the transmission . These are parts and labor . These are the next steps .Hoped this helped . Bonuses greatly appreciated. Please click excellent service so I get credit for my help thanks . Anything lower is negative feedback . If you need further assistance please let me know thanks !
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Certified Master Technician
Expert:  Tom replied 2 years ago.
Did you need any further assistance ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No thank you I'll take to shop now thanks for your help.
Expert:  Tom replied 2 years ago.
Anytime . I'm here if you ever need anything else .