OBDtech
OBDtech, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience in mechanical/electrical Repair and Restoration
69414822

Dodge RAM 2500 4x4: I took my truck in to be serviced as it

I took my truck in to be serviced as it was pulling code P0237 they found an open error in the computer and replaced it. Upon leaving the dealership I discovered my AC can was no longer working and a puddle of water was on the passenger side floor. It was working great when I took the truck in. Is this fan governed by a fuse? What caused the water puddle?
Category: Car
Expert:  Michelle-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes, I am still awaiting a response.
Expert:  OBDtech replied 2 years ago.

Hi, and thanks for your Question.

First the Water on the Floor: The AC box has a water drain located under the Receiver/Drier in the engine bay(a little rubber elbow protruding from the fire wall.). it is very common for gunk to accumulate here preventing the AC box from draining. Blow compressed air into it, and it should fix the problem.

Now the Blower: The fan circuit is controlled by adding/removing a Ground Resistance to the motor as follows: Fuse, Relay, Fan Motor, Resistor unit, Control switch, Ground. The "High" setting on the fan switch closes a second relay, which applies a full Ground to the Motor.

Hope this points you in the right direction. If you need more assistance please ask.

OBDtech, Technician
Experience: 30 Years experience in mechanical/electrical Repair and Restoration
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, I will check this out.