proautotech
proautotech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  College Training. Current Lead Tech
67965572

my 2009 1 ton duramax diesel has turned itself off and will

my 2009 1 ton duramax diesel has turned itself off and will not start. Relearn Remote Key appears on the display. Whe is this happening and how can I fix it. I took it to the dealership and they said it would not do if for them after keeping it for 5 days.
Thanks for trusting us with your problem. I have trained in the automotive field and currently work as a lead technician. I will be helping you today

We have had problems with the key fobs on this model. The engineers have determined this to be either a programming issue or a fob issue. If the programming was done with the handheld at the dealership and has done this once again replacement should be in order of the key fobs for the known issue.

I would expect the dealership to work with you on the payment of the fobs. Have them refer to TSB 08-08-52-001C 10/01/2008 EI08028 - INTERMITTENT, INOPERATIVE REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY (RKE)

If you get it to them now when it has failed they can see it for themselves.