The Audi Doctor
The Audi Doctor, Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience, 17 years with Audi, Factory trained
9204914

RA - CE

Customer Question

how can I make the a/c compressor come on? I just changed a line and can't seem to bypass the sensor to activate the compressor
Category: Car
Expert:  The Audi Doctor replied 4 years ago.

Thank You for choosing Just Answer for your query.

Could you please clarify your question? What exactly are you trying to do and why?

Not being able to experience the condition first hand put’s me at a significant disadvantage. If you can better/best describe the condition, as well as anything else that has been done to try and correct the issue. Also a time line of the events that led to the condition would be quite helpful

Once the system is filled with refrigerant the clutch should engage. Why are you trying to bypass the sensor?

The quality of my answer is based directly on the quality of your question and description. So please include anything else that may help me to better understand the condition and how it all came about.

Thank You!
Jake “The VW Doctor”

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
As stated in the question, I replaced a damaged A/C line from the compressor. All freon in the system was out. The compressor needs to be activated ie the sensor bypassed so as to activate the compressor to pull refrigerant to charge system