Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic,foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.

I have 2004 Scion XB. The Air Blend Door seems to be stuck

I have 2004 Scion XB. The Air Blend Door seems to be stuck and i am getting hot air in the car when itis 90 degrees out side and the A/C is on. I hear a rattling in the duct.. The knob for the door can only be turned part way.
Hi,how are you?The blend door actuator is your issue,or the damper door that the blendoor controls has broken and in turn is stuck,With the knob only being able to be turned part way this is more consistent with the damper door issue.The complete dash will need to be removed in order to fix either issue on this vehicle.