Mark, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  22 Years Experience...Factory Trained and Certified

Mitsubishi Lancer: i have a 2004 mitsubishi lancer ralliart

i have a 2004 mitsubishi lancer ralliart 2.4. the car was running fine before i shut it off. and 2 hrs later i went to start it and it just turned over like it had no compression. did a compression check ok. checked oil and found small amount of antifreeze in oil.. replaced head gasket, timing belt , belt for water pump and serpentine belt. put all back together went to start engine same problem. had a cel for camshaft postion sensor mal function. checked all wiring ok. so i replaced camshaft sensor. car started and ran horribly rough. then it thru a code for crankshaft sensor malfunction checked all voltages to crank sensor ok. ive checked the timing about 15 times and all the teeth on crank still in place. also i have replaced crank sensor. and installed new spark plugs and car still turns over real easy. all the valves are moving when engine is being cranks belt is not slipping.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mark replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer my name is Mark.

What are the 4 digit code numbers that you are currently getting?

What are your exact compression readings per cylinder?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
P0335 and p0340 are the two codes. Compression is 135 lbs straight across
Expert:  Mark replied 4 years ago.
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Did you still need assistance?

If you do, can you test each of the 3 wires at the sensors and see what voltage readings you get on which wires with the key on.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
On the crank shaft sensor getting 12.8 with the key on outter 2 posts, center post was 5.01.
Expert:  Mark replied 4 years ago.
Ok, that is a good sign.
About the compression sounds like you took these originally when it wouldn't start. Have you taken them again since the head has been off?
If not, can you do that and see what the readings are.
I should also ask if you are getting spark and fuel pressure while cranking?
Let me know.....
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yea. I know I'm getting spark and fuel. I am not near the car right now. But I cam tell ya that after I it the head gasket I'm it sounded Lot better then before.
Expert:  Mark replied 4 years ago.
Ok, thanks. The symptoms you've listed sound like a timing issue or a mechanical issue with the valve train.

If this was in my bay at work I would be doing a compression test again, and a leak down test on each cylinder to check the valve train integrity...........and of course checking the belt timing.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied.

If for any reason you feel you cannot rate my help with at least "Ok Service" or better please click the Reply to Expert link and let me know any further questions you have.

Thank you,