proautotech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  College Training. Current Lead Tech

Alfa 159 SW: I have a diesel Alfa 159. 1.9JTDM. I am thinking

I have a diesel Alfa 159. 1.9JTDM. I am thinking of getting it remapped to increase MPG and improve low down torque to make a more relaxed drive. Simple question: What are the implications on:
1. Car insurance
2. Wear and stress of components
3. Emissions (passing MOTs).

Also, I believe a remap is better than a 'plug-in' box from ebay?

Thanks in advance.
Thanks for trusting us with your problem. I have trained in the automotive field and currently work as a lead technician. I will be helping you today

Both remapping and the programmer will do the same thing. The plug in chips are not the best but the plug in programmers some places can make the tunes setup on the programmer. This way you can have a aggressive tune along with a conservative tune for higher MPG ect.

This will not harm the vehicle. It will not change your insurance in anyway possible.

I recommend doing this to the highest extent. If you run the condervative tune it will greatly increase the MPG and life of the vehicle

Please take a moment to kindly rate with a positive rating