Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician

Check engine light on after warm-up. Will not shift properly after warm up. Seems like ele

Check engine light on after warm-up. Will not shift properly after warm up. Seems like electrical problem. Any help will be appreciated, thanks. Also, proned to easy flooding.
Ok do you know the code stored for the engine light?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How would I find it?
Go to any auto zone ,advanced auto ,aamco or meineke and they will scan the vehicle for free.Once you have the code post it here and I can diagnose it here properly for you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Just found out that the AT light is on and the code says something about the converter

Ok I need the number codes to properly diagnose this.Sound like its a torque converter clutch lock up solenoid failure.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So sorry that I can't get you more info. This is my son's vehicle and I am trying to do research for him. This vehicle is in Carrollton Ky. and I am in Indianapolis. One more question, if it is the torque converter, would it be best to replace tranny?
Yes if the torque converter is bad you are better to repalce the entire transmission .If its just the lock up solenoid he will just need to replace the solenoid pack.These are what need to be checked next for this issue.If he can get the number codes that would pinpoint the issue .After the excellent service rating you can add to the question for no further charge.Hoped this helped . Bonuses greatly appreciated. Please click excellent service so I get credit for my help thanks . Anything lower is negative feedback . If you need further assistance please let me know thanks !
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your input
Anytime .Bonuses greatly appreciated.