AMD
AMD, Master Technician
Experience:  L1 Advanced Level Diagnostics Specialist
65953032

Isuzu Axiom: Hi All, I have an 02 Isuzu Axiom, 3.5L with a

Hi All,
I have an 02 Isuzu Axiom, 3.5L with a cooling problem. I have removed the intake to get to the cooling leak and found the the heat pipe going to the back of the water pumps seal is gone (Worn out). My question is where could i find that seal or will a regular oring work there. Also could you send me the Torque specs for the intake so i can install it correctly.
Thank You.............. George

AMD :

Hello and thank you for trusting us with your Car question, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

AMD :

I could not locate the seal that you are talking about, Do you have a picture? Is this one of the bypass hoses for the heater core?

AMD :

Is this the hose that you are talking about?

AMD :

If that is the hose then any o ring will work as long as it's the right size.

AMD :

The specs for the intake manifold is 18 ft\lb. make sure to replace the manifold's gasket and tighten it uniformly

AMD :

Let me know.

Customer:

That is not the pipe im looking at. mine is a heater pipe that connects from the core to the back of the pump.( i think, It runs up the middle of the engine under the intake and connects at the front of the engine.) I dont have a parts breakdown or i would be able to pick it out.

AMD :

OK got the right one, I don't see any parts listing for that o ring, Use any o ring that matches the old one. Make sure that the pipe is not rusted out or deformed. Also make sure that the housing is not rusted or deformed.

AMD :

Let me know if you have any other questions, If you are satisfied with my answer please rate it so I can get compensated for my time.

AMD :

Please note that in order to replace that o ring you will need to remove that pipe completely. Coat the o ring with soapy water and nothing else. Don't use lubricants of any sort since they might cause leaks.