Jim Barlogio
Jim Barlogio, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  38 years Import and Domestic

hello,took the jeep back to mechanic and he is saying that

hello,took the jeep back to mechanic and he is saying that itneeds a wireing harness and maybe a new computer saying that harness has to many shorts he already put a used computer a used fuil pump also ignition module and battery still have the ticking out of the relays and no start do you think it could be a harness with abunch of shorts , or are we just fishing to find the problem.he has said that he is not good with electrical . dont know if he is hitting on the problem or what i mean every thing that has ben done all ready and not any closer to the problem yet , i under stand that electrical work can get pretty sticky at times need expert opion thanks,.
Category: Car
Expert:  Jim Barlogio replied 1 year ago.

Jim Barlogio :

Welcome to Just Answer my name is XXXXX XXXXX remember to give me all the information that you have so we can get to the root of your problem

Jim Barlogio :

My name is Jim. You need to find a shop that can do this type of diagnostic work. Sounds like he is lost and just throwing parts at your vehicle. In most case you DO NOT need a wiring harness. If it has shorts then that means you are blowing fuses. How many fuse are you blowing? It will take a person with experience, a good wiring diagram and knowledge how you system works. They will find the problem. Jim

Jim Barlogio :

Needs to be in Jeep Category ...

Customer:
Jim Barlogio :

Said you responded to me but I see not text

Jim Barlogio, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 38 years Import and Domestic
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Let me know if you still need help. Jim B
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi jim ialready rated your answer but will do it again i do agree with your reply ,is there any thing we can do to try and find the problem already have more into it then we can aford but dont want to be throwing more into it for nothing thanks. going to rate your answer now. thanks
Do you still need help with this? Let me know ... thanks Jim