George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ yrs, AAS Automotive Technology, Factory trained Asian specialist

"No Powertrain DTCs or Freeze Frame Data is presently stored

"No Powertrain DTCs or Freeze Frame Data is presently stored in vehicle's computer" according to my new INNOVAOBD II Code Reader about my '96 Plymouth Voyager. What should be done to retrieve the data?
Category: Car
Expert:  George H. replied 4 years ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

The data you want to retrieve has to be stored in the computer so you have to induce a code set. Currently there are no codes stored.

To induce a code set turn the key off, remove the CTS connector as shown below and start the engine, turn the key off and wait 30 seconds then start the engine again, turn it off then try to pull the codes.

This should set a code for the CTS with freeze frame data stored at the time of the code set

Click here for location.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my service not the content as you may not like the answer but it is the truth. Only rate when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to click the lower two ratings they are negative feedback that sticks on my record so please STOP and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek to secure a positive rating.

Please let me know if the rating box is missing or you are unable to rate for any reason

Thank you