Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

Isuzu Ascender LS: I have a 2004 Isuzu ascender LS 4WD, It

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Isuzu ascender LS 4WD, It has been suggested that I need my front differential repaired, about how much should that cost?
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

tims auto repair :

hi

tims auto repair :

you need to replace the complete carrier?

tims auto repair :

you need to replace the complete differencial carrier?

Customer:

I went in thinking that I had to replace the front wheel hub assembly, but the tech says that the noise I heard was 'referred' and originating from the differential. Since they don't repair those, I don't have much more info than that.

tims auto repair :

ok

tims auto repair :

if it isnt the hub[bearing]and it is the differencial

tims auto repair :

these arent cheap

tims auto repair :

you may concider buying a used unit from you local salvage yard

tims auto repair :

consider

tims auto repair :

i will get you the price

tims auto repair :

give me just a moment

tims auto repair :

2004 Isuzu Truck Ascender 4WD V8-5.3L
Differential Carrier Parts and Labor

Parts InformationOEM Part #Price
Differential Carrier

Front Axle

Carrier

7 - 3.42 Ratio

8159313220$2697.10

7 - 3.73 Ratio

8159313240$3389.66

7 - 4.10 Ratio

8151667580$1050.19

Labor InformationSkill LevelMfg. WarrantyStandard

Replace Front Axle

B4.86.1

NOTE

With Skid Plate, Add

B0.20.4

To Reseal Case, Add

B0.20.3

To R&R Side Gears and/or Pinion Gears, Add

B0.40.5

To R&R Side Bearing, Add

B1.01.2

To R&R Pinion Bearings, Add

B1.71.9

To R&R Ring & Pinion, Add

B1.61.9

To R&R Case, Add

B1.21.6

To Overhaul Carrier, Add

B2.23.4

To R&R Output Shaft Bearing, Add

B0.91.2

To R&R Mounting Bushings, Add

B0.20.3
Customer:

He tells me that the hub bearing is definitely making noise, but that repair is secondary to the noise coming from the differential I am wanting to know can it be just the bearings and not the entire differential per se

tims auto repair :

Please RATE my answer by clicking the RATINGS button, so I can get credit for my work,,the [BAD SERVICE] and [POOR SERVICE] rating does not give me credit].i don't receive commission if you give a less than 3 star/smiley rating ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.please understand,i can not see,hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so...sometimes you may need to right click the image,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

tims auto repair :

well

tims auto repair :

it could be either/or

tims auto repair :

to find out what is the exact source .,..

tims auto repair :

it need to be removed and took apart for inspection

Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience: Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I take it to a transmission shop as opposed to the dealer, cause they really try to hose me everytime I go in there...
yes...
a dealer will get you here...
you may want to check around with different independent shops,,,,and do some price shopping...sense this is an expensive repair
thanks