proautotech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  College Training. Current Lead Tech

Fiat 500: how do I re charge a Fiat 500 battery?

how do I re charge a Fiat 500 battery?
Thanks for trusting us with your problem. I have trained in the automotive field and currently work as a lead technician. I will be helping you today

That is the correct combination to connect the battery charger. Depending on the charger you should have it set to 12v charge. Many chargers have to be turned to a certain dial to start charging. If the battery charger is working it may take a long time if you have a trickle charger.

If the battery is not taking anything from the battery charger than you either have a shorted out battery or the battery is full and you have a different problem.

Get a volt meter or have a parts store check the voltage at the battery. It should be 12v+ But if you have some issues with the vehicle starting it should be load tested to verify it can handle a load.

Many times these new vehicles lose the battery from being drained down many times on the lot.

Hope this helps. Thanks