Mike S.
Mike S., Mechanic
Experience:  25+ years experience as an auto mechanic.
20625509

where on the engine is the Throttle Position Sensor located

where on the engine is the Throttle Position Sensor located on a 2004 Suzuki Verona?

2004 Suzuki Verona 6 Cylinders 2.5L MFI DOHC

The Throttle Position (TP) sensor is a potentiometer connected to the throttle shaft of the throttle body.

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have a picture of the component. I just need to know where specifically it is located on the engine.
connected to the throttle shaft of the throttle body.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i need to replace the throttle sensor. however, the replacement part I got at the autopart store looks NOTHING like anything on the throttle body or anywhere near it. Could they have changed the type of throttle body and sensor in the middle of the year and I have one of the vehicles assembled in the first wave of production? What needs to be done to replace the TPS at this point? Do I have to replace the entire throttle body?
Do you have a link to what you purchased so I can look at it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I bought the part from NAPA that looks EXACTLY like the picture you sent me and what is on the website at NAPA. That part does not go on my car. I think they may have changed the design after my care was built. There is a "built in" assemply at the back of the throttle body itself and there are no parts in there that can be replaced. Looks like the whole throttle body needs replaced.
I see that tps only fits a 2004. Are you sure that is a 2004?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes. Now, but in April 2005 (less than a month after I bought it) the engine had to be replaced as it pretty much blew up on me. I was replaced with a new factory engine, so I dont know if that is going to matter.
Yes, it most likely does. Then you would have to purchase a throttle position sensor for a 2005.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok so here are the actual codes; P0306, P1449, P0174, P0171, P0510, P0102. What needs replaced?

P0102 refers to Mass Airflow Sensor Circuit Low Input.

P0171 refers to Fuel System Too Lean.

P0174 refers to Fuel System Too Lean (Bank 2).
P0306 refers to Cylinder 6 Misfire Detected.

P0510 refers to Closed Throttle Position Switch.

P1149 refers to Manufacturer Controlled Auxiliary Emission Controls.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I know what the codes mean. I was hoping to get some clarificationas to what would likely need to be replaced and do the work my self. Apparently you have to be well trained in maintenance for Suzuki's because I had to end up taking the car to the dealer to and they had it diagnosed in less than an hour. The TPS on the Verona for 2004-2006 has one unit combined with the actual throttle body and you have to replace the entire unit ($470 for the part). I didnt see where you listed that your were and expert for Suzuki vehicles so I am pretty disappointed that I was told to replace just the TPS and Suzuki doesnt even have a allow you to replace just the sensor. Wasted 3 days trying to get this done. I am sure you are very good on other makes of cars, you should really stick to the vehicles that you are familiar with.
Sorry about that. I can only go by what the manual's say. Unfortunately, there is no category for Suzuki, that is why this was in a generic category such as Car.