Lil Hammer
Lil Hammer, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master ase technician, Maryland state inspector
22852921

can I tow a 1999 suzuki vitara sport wg 4wheel drive standard

Customer Question

can I tow a 1999 suzuki vitara sport wg 4wheel drive standard transmishion by just putting the transfer case in nuteral
Category: Car
Expert:  Lil Hammer replied 2 years ago.

Lil Hammer :

Hello

Lil Hammer :

Here are the instuctions for flat towing.

Towing Method A - 4WD vehicles with automatic transmission - four wheels on the ground.

1 - Shift the automatic transmission in P (Park)
2 - Turn the ignition key to the "ON" position
3 - Shift the transfer lever into neutral
4 - Make sure 4WD light on instrument cluster is off
5 - Turn the ignition key to the "ACC" position to unlock the steering wheel
6 - Release the parking brake.

Stop towing the vehicle every 200 miles, with the transfer lever still in neutral, start the engine, shift into "D" (Drive) and rev the engine for about one minute to circulate the oil in the transfer case. Make sure to shift into "P" (Park) before next towing.

Towing Method B - 4WD vehicles with manual transmission - four wheels on the ground.

1 - Shift the manual transmission lever into 2nd gear
6 - Release the parking brake.

Stop towing the vehicle every 200 miles, Leave the manual transmission in 2nd gear, with the transfer lever still in neutral, start the engine and rev it for about one minute to circulate the oil in the transfer case. Make sure to shift into "P" (Park) before next towing.
[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]100[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]
Lil Hammer :

Hello is there anything else that you would like to know? The above is a complete answer to your question.

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.

I would like to remind you that you are rating me personally not Just answer. I am sorry you had to wait so long but that is something you would have to take up with just answer. I have provided you with a complete answer and a poor service impacts me negatively. Again I am sorry you had to wait but please rate me as Your question was answered. Thank you