CarDoc
CarDoc, Independent European Shop owner
Experience:  20 years of experience working with European cars. Independent European shop owner and technician.
14582033

I have a 2003 ferrari 360 spider with codes p0171 p0174 how

I have a 2003 ferrari 360 spider with codes p0171 p0174 how to fix

CarDoc :

Hello, I'm Jason. I will do my best to answer your question quickly and accurately using the information you have provided.

CarDoc :

There are two common reasons for these codes, which are long term lean fuel trim codes for each bank of cylinders

CarDoc :

Now, in a number of cars, the air mass meter is often at fault, but since the 360 has two of them, I doubt seriously that both failed at the same time

CarDoc :

which leads me to think that we're dealing with an unmetered air leak, or vacuum/intake leak

CarDoc :

the best way to determine the source is to have the intake system tested using a pressurized smoke generator

CarDoc :

most good European independent shops will have one of these, and it makes finding intake leaks very easy, as you just pinpoint the area where the smoke is escaping

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Where should I go ,
Very difficult for me to determine that, but if you can give me an idea of your location, I might be able to offer a few recommendations.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm in new jersey in the 07026 zip code
I don't personally know of any good independent shops down there who I could recommend. The closest dealer who's service department is what I would consider reputable is in Edison: http://www.ferrariofcentralnj.com/service.aspx