Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I am considering buying an older Ferrari as a driver / fun

Customer Question

I am considering buying an older Ferrari as a driver / fun car. I have seen where some of the 1980 s Testarossa cars are being sold in the 40k range. I understand they need cam belts on a regular basis. I need to find out what else they require at the 15,000 mile to 30,000 mile range for maintenance. I dont have a mechanic in our state - but I work on technical equipment - C.T. SCANNERS / mri ETC. Can I do some of this work in my garage if I have manuals and tools etc...
My second choice would be one of the older 308 models - like a 308 GTB with around 70,000 miles - well cared for with service records. Would this car be easier to live with ?
What do you think parts availability and cost would be for either ? If I cant get parts , I might as well stay with Chevy or Ford. Thank you.
Category: Car
Expert:  Michelle-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You are asking for more information, but do not state what information? I am inquiring about Ferrari Testarossa and Ferrari 308 GTB
Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for an Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!