Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic,foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.

my range rover 2005hse radio blinks on and off, whats the

my range rover 2005hse radio blinks on and off, whats the problem this is driving me crazy
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 2 years ago.

Hi,how are you?I am also a warranty inspector and have to go out and inspect these radios all the time and the symptom that you are having is a internal failure to the board inside the radio unit.The fix requires replacement of the radio unit.

If
you do not rate as: got the job done, helpful and informative, or great
service, I do not receive any credit or compensation whatsoever from the
deposit you have paid.
The higher the rating the
better.

If you need more information please use the reply or "continue the
conversation" link, please do not select "expected more" or
"helped a little" - please just reply if you have additional
questions.Thank you

Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
Experience: 17 years experience as a auto mechanic,foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please explain do I have too replace the complete system or the receiver and can you give me a price gauge so I'm aware of what too look for and is it possible to buy the part use or new on eBay or a junk yard
The complete system has to be replaced,to have this done at land rover this is going to cost about$1,300 you can buy a ebay or scrap yard,but it is still going to have to be installed by the dealer as the system has to be mated with the vehicle with a scan tool.
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
wow, is that just for the parts and what is mated with a scan tool mean i know a guy that works on range rover is this a special part or something that the dealer has only
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
also what do you think as the best route to go 1300 is quite a lot please advise
That is for parts and labor,if you know a mechanic that works on land rover he will have a scan tool that can perform this job.You do not have to but this from the dealer.what i would do if it were mine is buy a used system online and have it installed by your friend or a independent shop that works on land rover,the $1300 is because it is the dealer and a new unit.
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
and mike the last question what does the unit consist of is this something i might have to replace again, thanks you have been a great help when i look on the cargo side of my truck somethings look like they are in great shape but since this my first range rover I'm not sure if I'm on line going to purchase something i won't too make sure i have the right parts for the radio, cd and navigation system this will be a one time good deal hopefully
This should not be something you will likely have to replace again.The radio unit and the navigation system are integrated together but you would just be replacing the radio unit itself.One you enter the key words for the radio unit your unit will pop up,also you can go to the parts department of the dealer and give your vin number and they can give you the exact part number,thank you.