Reecekerley
Reecekerley, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 years experience in the transmission and drive train industry.
63640021

MY HARD TOP WILL NOT OPEN ALL THE WAY,THE DECKLID OPENS THEN THE SWITCH BLINKS AND WILL NO

Customer Question

MY HARD TOP WILL NOT OPEN ALL THE WAY,THE DECKLID OPENS THEN THE SWITCH BLINKS AND WILL NOT OPEN,WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO FIX.WE HAVE HAD THE TOP WORK MANY TIMES AND THEN JUST STOPS WORKING
Category: Car
Expert:  Michelle-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
HI,I HAVE NOT GOT ANY ANSWERS YET.THANK YOU
Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for an Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
please try to find a answer.thank you
Expert:  Reecekerley replied 4 years ago.
Hi, Sorry you have been waiting so long. You will probably have to get the car to a dealer or an independent shop that has a factory scanner for diagnosis.

This roof system uses 9 switches that will state open or closed at different times. If any one switch fails to state correct position in relation to roof's actual position, it will set a fault code.

1. A compatible scan tool is recommended to perform complete Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) testing along with actual value monitoring of all roof switches.

2. With scan tool watch data on Limit switches. Use reference to Limit switch survey to find out which switch or switches are not operating properly.

It is common for a switch or the wire harness to be the problem.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Anyone could give me this answer,I own a collision shop and we are very good and have scan tools,We get the top to work fine like we can put it up and down 10-12 times then it just stops.I know i can go to a dealer but was trying no to..
Ok. What codes are stored for system? If codes are stored then you must diagnose those first.