AutoGuy99
AutoGuy99, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  Worked on all brands of cars and light trucks for over 17yrs
68912347

How much should a garage charge to replace the cables for the

How much should a garage charge to replace the cables for the emergency break? I can't do it myself, even with the expert instructions listed here. I have a good mechanic/garage, just want to know the price range? Thanks.

Jay McKenna @ Coca-Cola

Gnews4U :

Hello, what is your year/make/model vehicle?

Customer:

Dodge Caravan 2001 or 2002 ....

Customer:

Sorry, this isn't working for me .... its really annoying. Just forget my request please. Thanks.

Hi there and thanks for using just answer. I am AutoGuy99 and will try to help with your question. On your Dodge caravan there are four parking brake cables. It has a front, middle and two rear cables. I will give you an estimate price for each cable. I am not sure of your labor rate so will give you the labor time. All the cables cost around $40 each. Front cable labor is .8 of an hour. Middle cable labor is .5 of an hour. To change both rear cables it is 1.7 labor time. Hope this helps. Please leave a positive rating. Let me know if you have anymore questions.
AutoGuy99, ASE Master Tech
Experience: Worked on all brands of cars and light trucks for over 17yrs