Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

Check engine light will come on and turn off a day or two later. Now it turned on and it w

Check engine light will come on and turn off a day or two later. Now it turned on and it wont turn off. If I dont let the car warm up before driving, I can press on the gas and it wont move until I let off the gas and press the gas again then it kicks and goes. Any ideas?
Ok the most common issue is a faulty throttle body has this been checked?Also have you had the vehicle scanned to see which code is stored for the engine light?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have not had the codes checked yet. I was going to stop after work to do that today. Yesterday on my way home, I was apporaching a red light and when I was applying the brakes, I noticed that the RPMs dropped to 0 and the car shut off. I put it into Neutral and restarted it and kept driving. Still think it could be that or should I get codes scanned first?
Yes still leaning towards a faulty throttle position sensor but have the vehicle scanned first to be sure.Any autozone,advanced auto,aamco or meineke will scan the vehicle for free.Once you have the codes post them here for no charge and we can continue.Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help anything lower then ok service gives me negative feedback and I do not get compensated for my time thanks . If you need further assistance just let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I got that code and you said when I get the code to tell you what it was. It showed up as a P0300. I reset it and now it is back on again
That's a multiple misfire code. Does the vehicle actually misfire?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes...i am thinking i should change plugs first and see what it does.
Yes absolutely I would start there next as this will cause this code .If there is still an issue it can be a faulty fuel injector causing this issue.Hoped this helped. Bonuses greatly appreciated. .Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help anything lower then ok service gives me negative feedback and I do not get compensated for my time thanks . If you need further assistance just let me know.