Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.

my kia sedona 2 is 2yrs old and I bought it when it was just

my kia sedona 2 is 2yrs old and I bought it when it was just under a year old. within months of purchase the front passenger tyre was showing abnormal wear compared to the others. i was told by the showroom this was a fault of the Kia sedona because of the weight ratio. I persevered and in February this year replaced all four tyres with Bridgestone tyres and today I have had to replace the same front passenger tyre as it is almost completely without tread. The other tyres are fine. The alignment has been checked and it is parallel. The garage has advised me to go back to Kia as it must be a fault with the car. Tyres do not wear out to that extent in 4 months if the other three tyres do not have comparable wear. Any thoughts?

may I ask what tyre pressures are you running ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
34 is what I was told

I'd reccommend Measuring the pressures for yourself to double check

also check for worn suspension joints - jack the car up so the wheel is off the ground (you’ll need to do this for all 4 corners) and shake the tyre from top to bottom and from side to side (with someone holding the steering wheel on the front) there should be no play in either direction. Any play in 1 direction will usually require a joint to be replaced, if there’s play in both directions then the wheel bearing may be at fault. If theres play only up and down its the strut top mount - to find this one you have to shake the suspension strut it self up and down with the wheel off the ground - so you may need to remove the wheel to check this one.

Now with the car jacked up on that side with the wheel about 2 inches off the ground use a steel bar under the wheel and lever the wheel up and down slightly, you should be able to look at the end of the axle and see if the suspension arm is moving up and down separately to the axle.If so replace the bush

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The chances of my being able to do any of this stuff is non-existent. I will have to take the car to a garage. What specifically do i ask them to check? Do I just ask them to do the checks as you have initially described?

Yes feel free to pass on this information, however I'd reccommend buying a pressure gauge from Halfords as they're only a few pounds as I suspect this is the most probable cause
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thank you