FixItMan, Master Technician

Customer Question

i have a 09 h3. My wife went to start the veh. and nothing. no power what so ever. no dome light no radio no dashlights nothing. check battery it was good. check fuses i thought may be bad all were good. the funny thing is the stirring wheel wont lock, and the key will not come out of the ignition.You can turn it all the way on and all the way off but it wont come out of the ignition. any ideas? thanks Walt
Category: Car
Expert:  FixItMan replied 4 years ago.

FixItMan :

Hello Walt, and thank you for letting us help you with your automotive question. Start by making sure that the vehicle is all of the way in Park. If it is not then this is the problem. Also see if anything changes in neutral. If the problem remains then you may have a bad ignition switch. It can also be a problem with the battery terminal connection. I would remove the cables and check them. Please let me know what you find.

JACUSTOMER-fgngit76- :

Hello, I am a customer service representative posting on behalf of the customer who is unable to view the chat. Please click on the 'Switch to Q&A' link at the top of the page to change the format of the page from Live Chat to Q&A so that the customer can access your reply and also please repost your reply as a new answer or info request. Thank you.