AMD
AMD, Master Technician
Experience:  L1 Advanced Level Diagnostics Specialist
65953032

Madza V6: My car keeps failing inspection due to 2119 Throttle

My car keeps failing inspection due to 2119 Throttle Actuator Control Throttle Body Range /Performance, I was told to drive on the highway 60Miles.

Hello and thank you for choosing just answer,

The code indicates a problem with your throttle body, It could be the spring or a stuck valve. I suggest cleaning your throttle body, clear the code then see if it comes back after a week of driving. If it doesn't then you're all set. If it does then replace the throttle body and the TP sensor and that should take care of the problem.

If you have any other questions please let me know, If you are satisfied with my answer please rate it so I can get compensated for my time. If you are not satisfied please do not rate my answer and simply replay back and I'll do my best to help more. Please note that the first two smiley faces in the rating are negative feedback. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how much would all this cost me ?

Cleaning the throttle body is not expensive at all, Any repair facility will be able to do it for 50-75 dollars at most. If you need to replace the throttle body you are looking at around 600 dollars for parts and 1.5-2 hours of labor, The price of labor depends on the shop and\or dealership's hourly labor charge.