Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

check engine light on and had a diagnotsic done and it came

Customer Question

check engine light on and had a diagnotsic done and it came up with a code for cirque torque converter and now the check engine light is flashing.. what am i to do?
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 2 years ago.

tims auto repair :

hi

tims auto repair :

what is the code number that you get?

Customer:

I dont remember the code exactly im gonna have to take it back tomorrow cause the car feels a lil shakey

tims auto repair :

ok

tims auto repair :

tell me,,what trouble does the car give?

tims auto repair :

have you noticed anything?

Customer:

honestly the car gave me no trouble until today when the check engine light had been flashing and i could feel the engine reviving if that makes since and it hesitated when i stepped on the gas for acceleration

tims auto repair :

ok

tims auto repair :

how did you get it scanned...do you have a scanner?

Customer:

I went to aamco to have it scanned! said they would have to go in and manually see what needed to be done because I wasnt having problems

tims auto repair :

ok

tims auto repair :

and,,what did they tell you?

Customer:

they didnt tell me anything i hadnt gotten it looked at yet I planed to do it this week

tims auto repair :

ok

tims auto repair :

did they get a transmission code?

Customer:

yes didnt give it to me thought guess they just assumed I would bring it back

tims auto repair :

i see

tims auto repair :

did they check your transmission fluid?

Customer:

no

tims auto repair :

ok

tims auto repair :

the first thing you need to do,,is to scan it again

tims auto repair :

you need the trouble codes

tims auto repair :

from what you are saying,,,

Customer:

:( ok

tims auto repair :

it sounds as if you may have a transmission problem

tims auto repair :

perhaps,it is low on fluid

tims auto repair :

or

Customer:

dear god.. its not safe to drive around in that car right

tims auto repair :

the filter may be clogged

tims auto repair :

well,,,not if it is slipping as you say

tims auto repair :

you need to get it looked at asap

Customer:

ok will do

tims auto repair :

again,,it may just need a new transmission filter

Customer:

im hoping for the best but knowing that its the worst

tims auto repair :

you do not want to drive the car until you know whats going on....

tims auto repair :

you may burn out the transmission

tims auto repair :

so,,check it asap

Customer:

ok

tims auto repair :

Please RATE my answer by clicking the RATINGS button, so I can get credit for my work,,the [BAD SERVICE] and [POOR SERVICE] rating does not give me credit].i don't receive commission if you give a less than 3 star/smiley rating ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.please understand,i can not see,hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so...sometimes you may need to right click the image,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

tims auto repair :

hi

tims auto repair :

why the negative feedback?

tims auto repair :

do you need more help?

Customer:

im so sorry didnt mean to click that face was a accident can i try again?

tims auto repair :

lol

tims auto repair :

ok..

tims auto repair :

thanks

Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience: Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.