proautotech
proautotech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  College Training. Current Lead Tech
67965572

has anyone put a e85 flex fuel kit on a sx4? and can you switch back and forth between reg

has anyone put a e85 flex fuel kit on a sx4? and can you switch back and forth between regular and e85 if you do?
Mick H.
Thanks for trusting us with your problem. I have trained in the automotive field and currently work as a lead technician. I will be helping you today

Yes with the kit it will allow you to use either fuel. The E85 requires better fuel lines and seals. If not the E85 will eat it away slowly. So with the kit it makes it work perfectly.

Seems lately the E85 has been close to the same price. You will use more E85 per tank than regular so for the same fill you will get less miles. So is it really worth it for the 10-15 cents off. Not likely anymore.

Hope this helps. Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We are moving to South Dakota and the e85 was about a dollar less. How many miles per gallon difference?
1 dollar is a pretty decent amount to go with. You will get 10-15 MPG less with close to 100 miles less per tank.

Please take a moment to rate the question with one of the positive ratings. Thanks