Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor

Daewoo Leganza: I install a remanufacured cylinder head in

I install a remanufacured cylinder head in a 2000 Daewoo Leganza. Machine shop said the head in specs and do not need a head gasket shim. I did everything by the book. I torque the head down @18 ft. Lbs.(The book said torque at this and run the engine for 30 to 50 minutes, then retorque 90 degrees, 90 degrees, 90 degrees then 15 degrees.) I have not retorque yet since I can't get the car to start again. First question since the head was machined are these torque the same) Anyway I crank the car it ran for a second and will not start again. Good compression, getting fuel, spark at the plug tips. The engine is dead on time. The wire leading from the camshaft wire were brittle . I bought a new cam sensor pigtail that plugs onto the cam sensor. However I did not pay attention to how these wires were attached to the main harness. The wires on the new pigtail are different color from the harness wires. Can you tell me how to connect these wires(three of them to the main harness.
Thanks for trusting us with your problem. I have trained in the automotive field and currently work as a lead technician. I will be helping you today

I have provided a wire diagram of the circuit. CLICK HERE Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My pigtail has different colors. According to you, the wire towards the front should connect which is #2 should connect to the bw; the one on the opposite end is#1 should connect BrW. Where is the connection for the middle pin?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
not explicit enough

Pin #1 goes to the brown with white stripe wire, which is the 5v reference from the computer.

Pin #2 goes to the black with white strip wire, which is the ground wire.

Pin #3 goes to the purple wire which is the 12v power source from fuse #13

Hope that clears it up for you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What about the torque since the head was shaved and which wire goes to the middle pin.

3 purple

m black white

1 brownwhite

is this right

Torque is the same even with milling the head.

Yes, that is correct on the wiring
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience: Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor