Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

I have a 2007 Santa Fe, 56,000 Mi, and when driving on a bumpy

I have a 2007 Santa Fe, 56,000 Mi, and when driving on a bumpy road the rear of the car sounds as if everything came loose that was tight when bought. Not the muffler but rather in the in the rear tire area.
Thanks Dave
Have you check the spare tire to see if its secure?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes-check spare tire and other items in trunk. Sound see to come more from the rear tires.
Is it a jingling noise over bumps?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes-sort of- but not a metalic sound like metal on metal. The shocks look ok- no sign of leakage.
OK there are rear spring clips for the rear brakes see if these are the cause of your issue.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I reciently had the brakes taken apart, inspected and cleaned. If something was missing I hope they would have replaced the missing part. I would not be able to tell not being a mechanic.
Ok if this happend after doing the brakes you have to go back to the place that did the brakes and tell them the issue you are having . They will check over the brakes and the work they did and fix this issue for free for you . This is what needs to be done next for this issue . .Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help anything lower then ok service gives me negative feedback and I do not get compensated for my time thanks . If you need further assistance just let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This did not happen after the brake inspection. This has been going on for a few years. The SUV was tight when driving off the lot but over the years it seemed to loosen up. All autos are tight when new but don't stay that way through out the years. That is what I was refering to.

Ok better description. All they need to to is check year sway bar links and control arm bushings along with rear struts and clip springs. These are known to fail over time and cause your issue . This is where they need to focus . .Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help anything lower then ok service gives me negative feedback and I do not get compensated for my time thanks . If you need further assistance just let me know.