caughlins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Advanced engine diagnosis master technician. Factory Trained on Bentley, Lamborghini, Lotus and Jaguar

Bentley Brookland: Dear Sir, I have a bentley Brooklands

Dear Sir,

I have a bentley Brooklands mulliner 1998 R reg car, I have found the leather has come away from the roof at the back, I removed the centre panel to have a look and I can’t see how the lining stays in place and stretches over the metal lip in the centre, is there a set of clips or rods or is it just glued in place. Please advise.

All the Best

caughlins :

Stuart The leather on the most panels on this car is just glued in place. With time the leather shrinks and pulls away from the original mounting material. The leather panel will need to have new leather installed more then likely. -Colin-

is the leather just glued to the foam padding and then to the metal, what kind of glue please?

caughlins :

Yes the two pieces are glued together. I do not know what glue the factory uses. I use a 3M spray adhesive to glue the leather back in place on these cars. I spray a layer on either side let it get tacky and press the two layers together. Not to much glue as it will not work better. -Colin-