proautotech
proautotech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  College Training. Current Lead Tech
67965572

i had a y pipe and catalytic converters installed in my grandvitara

i had a y pipe and catalytic converters installed in my grandvitara XL7 an now it smell like leaking films and it is so loud can you tell me what going on my suv is makeing me sick

internal88 :

Hello and welcome

internal88 :

What year is the vehicle?

internal88 :

Did you installed it yourself?

internal88 :

Where did you get the catalytic converters?

internal88 :

I could help you out once you provide me with some informationl

Customer:

hello 2001 no i had it installed at a shop the shop that in installed the y pipe sold me the catalytic converters

Customer:
internal88 :

How can you rate me yet?

internal88 :

If I have not help you?

internal88 :

You rate me poor service, you have not even gave me a chance to help you!

internal88 :

I know the problem but you can ask another expert to help you.

internal88 :

I will opt out.

Customer:

are you there

Thanks for trusting us with your problem. I have trained in the automotive field and currently work as a lead technician. I will be helping you today

New expert here. The other expert opted out. I will assist you with your problems.

PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE A NEGATIVE RATING. POSITIVE RATINGS ARE THE ONLY WAY I WILL GET CREDITED THANKS
You have an exhaust leak from the catalytic convertors and Y pipe installed. This should be fully warrantied no matter where the work was done. With the exhaust leak it will bring the gases up through the firewall and will also bring them through the vents.

This is very dangerous carbon monoxide posioning. You should have it fixed immediately. Drive with the windows fully opened and get it to the shop to fix the problem.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
would this problem make my suv sound loud
Yes, the loud sound is a large exhaust leak. Most likely there is a weld that broke or did not get filled in. This is very easy to fix. Like I said the repair should not cost you anything. Get it back immediately to the shop that did the exhaust work.

Please take a moment to rate the question positively. This is the only way I get credited. Thanks

proautotech, Auto Mechanic
Experience: College Training. Current Lead Tech
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank for that answer i thought that was the problem but ididnot know that was the reason for that loud noise
Your very welcome, Thanks for the great rating and the bonus always appreciated!