Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Suzuki 2001: 2001 suzuki vitara, new alt and battery, twice.

Customer Question

2001 suzuki vitara, new alt and battery, twice. with key off actuators and relays click on every 3 seconds. kills battery overnight.
Category: Car
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
Hello!

You are going to have to pinpoint what is drawing the battery down. Disconnect the negative battery terminal. Put a test light between the negative cable and the negative battery terminal. With the key out of the ignition switch and the vehicle just sitting there (make sure the doors are closed) the test light should not light up bright. If it does, there is a draw! Disconnect one fuse at a time until the test light goes out. When it does, you have found the circuit that the draw is on. Let me know what circuit is on and I will be able to help you pinpoint which component could be drawing the battery down.
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
Hello!

Just so you are aware, the rating you have given was negative. It will now affect my feedback ratings in a negative way. I am not sure why you gave me a negative rating. I am only trying to help you. Please respond back and let me know what I can clear up for you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I will isolate circut 2 morro. It seems at this point the ECM is cycling the ISC and EGR actuators when the key is off every 3 seconds and drains battery overnight.
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
Yeah.. it very well could be. But we will need to check this for sure.

Let me know what you find!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Sorry about the bad rating. I will get back to you tomorrow through e-mail. Is that OK?

Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
Sounds good!