Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

brake booster, master cylinder..right front..for wheels..resistance

Customer Question

I have a 99' Plymouth Breeze an I have changed the brake booster, master cylinder twice and bench bleed them, also changed the right front and back cylinders an checked for leeks and changed all the fluid with dot 3 an bleed all for wheels, an when the car is off the brakes are hard as a rock but when the car is running the brakes go all the way to the floor with no resistance. I thought their must be more air in the lines so I bleed the system again and the same thing so I did it again and again and again Ive put 6 32oz bottles throu the car and now Im here so please I need some help!!
Category: Car
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.
HI,

Ok, does it have ABS?

Also, check and tell me the position of the bleeder screws on the calipers - towards to bottom(below the brake hose to caliper connection) or towards the top(above brake hose to caliper connection)

Finally, did this start before or after performing brake work? And if after, what brake work was done immediately prior to having no pedal with engine running?
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.

If you want help, you need to respond to my information request. Please remember that I am not there to see it, so I may need to ask questions so that I can accurately diagnose the problem. If you dont respond, it is impossible for anyone to guess as to the problem without full information available. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no abs, both rear screws are top the front left towards the bottom front right are towards the top, the problem started when I changed the the right front an back calipers because the bleeder screws were locked up
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.

Ok, we have found the problem. They sold you 2 right front calipers. Although they fit either side, the bleeder screw MUST be towards the top. With it at the bottom, there is an air pocket trapped at the top of caliper that will never bleed out.

This is why the other 3 are facing up - they are correct.

I can upload a picture if you need it for further verification that the bleeders are supposed to face up

You need to return the caliper and get the correct one, install and rebleed and I am 1000% sure that you will have a good pedal with engine running afterwards.

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please be sure to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE/3-5 STARS/SMILEY FACES to complete transaction or ask for more help by clicking REPLY TO EXPERT.

Positive feedback is always appreciated. Bonuses are welcome. Please note that if you have a subscription service you still need to to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE/3-5 STARS/SMILEY FACES , however you are not charged again. Thank you.

Please note the 1 to 2 faces(POOR AND BAD SERVICE) are a negative rating. Before choosing one of these, please reply first so that I can further help you
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience: Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.
If you have any other questions, feel free to ask for more help by clicking the REPLY TO EXPERT button, otherwise please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE / 3-5 smiley faces to pay for services rendered per customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and expert is not paid for their time, knowledge or services until you do so.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

thank you so much you are a true expert!!!!
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.

always glad to help. just sorry you wound up replacing parts needlessly because parts store sold you the wrong caliper.

have a great weekend!